This Topic

[Paris] Cercle Clichy Montmartre: the last resort

If there were almost a dozen of poker rooms in Paris in the 2000’s, some “administrative decisions” have reduced this number to only… one. Good Bye and Farewell to The Aviation Club de France and the “Cercles” Concorde, Cadet, Wagram, Haussmann, Gaillon, Frochot, ACIC…

The only official remaining place to play poker in Paris since 2015 is the Cercle Clichy Montmartre.

clich.thumb.png.c7513e1b2df00aa98cf6a4e8

The last resort

Located in the north west of Paris, in the 9th arrondissement, near la place de Clichy, the Cercle is famous for being one of the oldest Parisian game rooms. It was also renowned in the past to be the most accessible place to play, even for low rollers. 

In order to answer to the increasing demand of poker players, the "CCM" has extended its offer to 30 poker tables, with a wide range of cash game from 2/2€ (50€) to 5/10€ (1000€) and a good variety of tourneys, from the daily afternoon to the WPT national or Winamax Poker Tour final events. The games played there are naturally Texas hold’em but you can usually find a couple of Dealer Choice cash games. 

clich1.thumb.png.e3f3725ed54bbcce48929fb

The main room

Most of the tables are sheltered by an impressive “art deco” glass ceiling or are situated in the tourney room and its futuristic greenish code. If you’re a high roller, you may also play in a look-alike luxurious French apartment that offers a quieter atmosphere.

clich2.thumb.png.b9e564b0a1136fcd3886bb8

The VIP room

But as long as Paris is not always an easy city for someone who only speak English, let’s ask some questions to Ziad, who works there. 

Hi Ziad, what is your position in the Cercle Clichy Montmartre ?
Hi, I’m in charge of the cards’ club development. My job is to ease the functioning of the establishment, so that player’s experience at CCM can be as good as possible.

Are english speaking players welcome in the Cercle, do people at the registration desk speaks English, what ID are required, and how much does cost the annual registration ?
Of course, english speaking players are warmly welcome at Cercle Clichy-Montmartre. They can enjoy any type of Poker here, all year long, and many of them , from English and Irish to Australian players, had already been playing in one of the many international events we organize, such as WPT or WIPT Final. 
A passport or a european ID, even a driving license from the EU, is required to become a member of the Cards’Club. An 80€ Fee must be settled to complete the registration.

Is it possible to play in English, I mean making game announcements in English, especially for the betting amounts ? 
It is possible to play and make announcements in English Language, even if, in France, French is the official Poker Language, at the table.

Do you have anecdotes about English poker players ?
As much as i can say, English speaking players spend more money at the bar than at a Poker Table... I’m kidding, for sure, but I can surely say that they know how to create a good atmosphere, and bring their natural and funny side in the game. See you soon around one of our tables.

Address: 84 Rue de Clichy, 75009 Paris — Metro: Place de Clichy
Phone: +33 1 48 78 32 85
Open every day from 2 pm – 6 am
Internet: http://pokerccm.com/

Edited by Burne d'or

About the games that can be usually found at the Cercle Clichy Montmartre in 2015 :

- No-limit Texas Hold'em. Stakes (in blinds) : 1€-2€, 2€-4€, 5€-5€. Up to 9 (or 10) players per table.

- Omaha Dealer's choice : Pot-limit Omaha 4 cards or Pot-limit Omaha 5 cards. Stakes : 5€-10€. Up to 8 players per table.

- Mixed games Dealer's choice : limit or pot-limit mixed games, including Stud hi, razz or Hi-lo; omaha hi-lo; eventual lowball 2-7TD, badugi. Up to 8 players per table, but some games may be played 6-handed.

- No-limit Texas Hold'em tournaments - please check the tournament schedule on the website.

Hello,

Cercle Clichy Montmartre has seen its license renewed by French gambling authorities for one more year. The fee for 2016 may be €50 only (instead of €80 in 2015).

(The source for those who can read French)