Some good news for all of you Omahaholics and PLO-Junkies out there! PokerStars announced they added Omaha versions of their popular Spin&Go hyper-turbo tournaments. Yes, you can now gambool it up with some PLO Spin&Gos! My, oh my. Spin&Gos are 3-handed tournaments that start with 500 in chips. Players have a chance to boost the prize pool via the spinner, so the final pool will either be 2x or up to 10,000x. The PLO Spin&Gos will be offered for as low as $1. Other stakes include... $3, $7 and $15.
According to Severin Rasset, the Director of Poker Operations and Innovation at PokerStars, "Omaha is a highly enjoyable poker variant and was quite high up on our players' request list to deliver it as a Spin & Go. So we're really pleased to be able to do this and hope that it will be as popular in this format as it is in our cash games."
"Omaha is just perfect for Spin & Go," claimed Team PokerStars Pro Lex Veldhuis for Holland. "There will be a lot of action because you can play so many hands, but it's also really hard to knock people out in PLO. This will make for some very intense situations when the multipliers get high. I can't wait to try them."
According to a press release from PokerStars HQ:
To celebrate the launch, an exclusive $5 Spin & Go Omaha qualifier will award winners a $10 cash prize or entry to either the $2,100 (high), $215 (medium), $27 (low) level of SCOOP Event 5. Players who win entry to the $27 (low) level may unregister and instead use the ticket in any $27 SCOOP event or SCOOP satellite. However, players who win a $215 (medium) and $2,100 (high) seat for the first time will be required to play SCOOP Event 5 Pot Limit Omaha on May 7. For any subsequent medium or high level wins, players will receive equivalent amounts of tournament dollars.
PokerStars announced they are expanding their new series MEGASTACK after a successful campaign at the Hippodrome in London. MEGSTACK events will occur in other European countries such as Ireland, France, and Belgium. MEGSTACK offers the best bang for the buck for recreational players. The lower buy-in events were set up in order to attract more recreational and casual players to the sometimes-intimidating tournament world.
According to Team PokerStars Pro Jake Cody, “PokerStars MEGASTACK is the perfect opportunity for you and your mates to get together to play poker, whether that's for pure fun or as a stepping stone in your poker career. Players can expect an awesome poker experience and it will definitely be unforgettable for most players.”
For more information, click here.
I'm too lazy to re-write this from the press release, so I'll just cut and paste the juicy section:
The expansion of the new series ensures players of all levels can experience all the thrills and excitement of a PokerStars-sponsored live event in their own back yard. Players can qualify online at home through dozens of satellites from as little as €1.10 and then play live from Friday-Sunday, filling a whole weekend with top-notch poker action. Each event is designed to suit a variety of work/life balances, and keep players entertained over three action-packed days.
POKERSTARS MEGASTACK DATES
- PokerStars Leinster MEGASTACK, May 12 - 14, €170, €50,000 Guarantee
- PokerStars Gujan-Mestras MEGASTACK, June 28 – July 2, €170, €40,000 Guarantee
- PokerStars Malta MEGASTACK, June 29 - July 2, €170, €30,000 Guarantee
- PokerStars London MEGASTACK, June 30 - July 2, £170, £25,000 Guarantee
- PokerStars Connacht MEGASTACK, July 21 - 23, €170, €30,000 Guarantee
- PokerStars La Grande-Motte MEGASTACK, September 5 - 10, €170, €100,000 Guarantee
- PokerStars Namur MEGASTACK, September 14 - 17, €170, €40,000 Guarantee
- PokerStars London MEGASTACK, October 20 - 22, £170, £25,000 Guarantee
- PokerStars Munster MEGASTACK, November 24 - 26, €170, €30,000 Guarantee
- PokerStars Forge-les-Eaux MEGASTACK, December 14 - 17, €170, €40,000 Guarantee
- PokerStars Ulster MEGASTACK, January 12 - 14, 2018, €170, €30,000 Guarantee