PokerStars TV sifted through hours and hours of tape in various international events to pinpoint the best hands from the 2016 calendar year, which included action from Australia to the Bahamas to Barcelona. PokerStars released a new compilation video featuring the Top 5 Hands from 2016 . Some of the players featured are Samantha Abernathy and Mustapha Kanit. The Top 5 includes a couple of wow moments like the guy who had Aces cracked twice at the EPT Barcelona and Sebastian Malec dropping Scotty Nguyen's iconic line, "You call and it's all over, baby!"
The crew at PokerStars TV released another new compilation video. They watched all their footage recorded during the 2016 calendar year and selected their Top 5 hands from the year. Couple of these hands occurred in the Bahamas. One hand was Down Under at the Aussie Millions. We get to see pocket Aces brutally cracked not once but twice. And a poker fan boy from Poland became a champion with a little verbal jockeying by uttering Scotty Nguyen's infamous catchphrase, “You call now and it's all over, baby!”
5. Mustapha Kanit vs. Customers. EPT Dublin High Roller final table had a sensational river bluff with air by Kanit. Initially, Kanit had Qd-9d and faced a re-raise against Bertilsson's pocket Queens.
4. Aces cracked, two times. EPT Barcelona Main Event. Heck of a cooler for Inditha Rajapakse. Twice. He incurred two terrible bad beats…with pocket Aces… two times. And he took those beats like a champ! I can online imagine what I would have done if I had Pocket Aces cracked twice. Hellmuth would have flipped over the table. Anyway, watch the carnage as Inditha Rajapakse's pocket rockets are snapped off by Jacks in the first hand, and then he's busted from the tournament when his Aces get brutally outflopped by A-10.
3. McCormick vs. Lewis River Bluff. PCA Bahamas. Deep in the Main Event. Pair of Brits rumbled in the Bahamas. McCormick shoved on a board of Ks-4s-Qs-10h-Qd. Lewis headed into the tank… then folded. McCormick sold the bluff and even showed it. “He deserved an Oscar nomination for that performance.”
2. Samantha Abernathy slowrolled. Down Under at the Aussie Millions in Melbourne, Samantha Abernathy was all-in with pocket sixes. She got slowrolled by Habb's pocket Kings. Abernathy rivered a set of sixes to win the pot.
1. Malec vs. Reichenstein. The EPT Barcelona Main Event might have been one of the biggest stories of the year. Newcomer Sebastian Malec from Poland was heads-up against a German Uri Reichenstein. Malec turned a flush and stood up suggesting he had to go to the toilet. Malec shoved on the river with a flush against Reichenstein's straight. Malec even quoted Scotty Nguyen with “You call and it's all over, baby!” Malec did the pee-pee dance and wander around while Reichenstein went into the tank. “So sick,” Reichenstein said. “No one talks like you without the nuts.” While the befuddled German was in the tank, Malec took a selfie on the rail. Reichenstein eventually called and lost. Sebastian Malec won the pot and the tournament and then lost his marbles when reality set in. The noob shipped nearly $1.3 million for his victory.
Watch the Top 5 hands from 2016 below…