The World Series of Poker heads to Europe. This year's WSOPE festival of poker will once again be hosted at the swanky King's casino in RozVegas (located outside of Prague, Czech Republic). This year's WSOP will have 10 bracelet events. Yes, you have 10 more chances to pick up a bracelet.
Couple of these WSOPE events will have soft fields. Plus, you can win a bracelet for as little as €550. The Euro-Colossus and the PLO Donkament are the cheapest events on the docket with a €550 buy-in.
This year's WSOPE will have a pair of high balla events for the high-stakes crowd. There's a 25K and 100K. The €25,500 Super High Roller has a €1M guarantee, while the €100,000 King's Super High Roller has a €5M guarantee.
Then there's the Main Event Championship. The 10,350 buy-in anchor event has two opening flights set on the weekend. Day 1S is slated for Saturday, October 27 and Day 1B is slated for Sunday, October 28.
The WSOPE Main Event has been won by several notables in the past including Annette 'Annette_15' Obrestad, John Juanda, Barry Shulman, Adrian Mateos, Phil Hellmuth, Elio Fox, James Bord, Kevin MacPhee, and Marti Roca De Torres.
RozVegas has become the epicenter of poker in Europe. The King's Casino has been hosting nonstop events for various circuits and tours over the last couple of years. If my European geography is correct, RozVegas is a stone's throw from Austria and only a two-hour drive from Munich, Germany. And the WSOPE were wise to make inroads in RozVegas. Last year's WSOP Europe in RozVegas attracted an impressive 7,689 entries and a prize poool in excess of €25 million.
Have you seen the 2018 WSOP Europe schedule? Some items of note about the 2018 WSOPE...
- The Colossus has 8 flights with 1 re-entry per flight
- There's a 6-handed Deepstack for Event #2
- Event #3 8-handed PLO donkament has two flights
- Cool to see mixed PLO/NL event
- The high roller events boast the biggest guarantees: 25K has a €1M guarantee and the 100K has a €5M guarantee
- The Main Event Championship has two opening flights
2018 WSOP Europe Schedule
- 9 Oct - Event #1: €550 COLOSSUS (8 flights)
- 14 Oct - Event #2: €1,650 NL 6-Handed Deepstack
- 15 Oct - Event #3: €550 PLO 8-Handed
- 21 Oct - Event #6: €1,650 Mixed PLO/NLHE
- 24 Oct - Event #8: €25,500 Super Highroller Series 25K
- 27 Oct - Event #10: €10,350 MAIN EVENT - Day 1A
- 28 Oct - Event #10: €10,350 MAIN EVENT - Day 1B
2018 WSOP Player of Year Race
Deeb had a remarkable summer at the Rio Casino in Las Vegas with two bracelet wins, including the 25K PLO High Roller and $10K Big Blind Antes. Deeb walked away from Vegas with at least $2.4 million in WSOP earnings. Deeb currently has four WSOP bracelets.
The American pro (and former online exile) from New York tops the POY standings with 4,334 points. Also, still in the hunt mathematically for the 208 WSOP POY: Ben Yu (3,746), Joe Cada (3,531), Johnny World Hennigan (3,499), Scott Bohlman (3,155).