A total of 17 championship caliber events with at least a buy-in of $10,000 are on the schedule for the 2020 World Series of Poker at the Rio Casino in Las Vegas. The WSOP released the dates for all $10K championships including the $50,000 Poker Players Championship, $10,000 Main Event, and the $10,000 WSOP.com Online NL Championship, which is the online $10K event hosted online.
Are you ready for some championship-level poker? Are you ready to dust off $10,000 in an attempt to a legit bracelet? And I'm not talking about one of those cheap, Ikea-quality donkament bracelets in which you fork over a few bucks and fire away as many times as humanly possible to win the running of the donks and secure a lo-fi piece of bling for bargain basement prices?
I'm talking old school respect by winning a pro's pro event with a $10,000 buy-in. That continues to be the decisive number that separates the weekend warriors and dilettantes away from the serious bracelet hunters and pros trying to prove to themselves that they're the best of the best.
If you're counting, after the latest update by the suits at the WSOP, there are a total of 32 events with confirmed dates including the fetish branded events, Seniors, Ladies, Main Event, Poker Player Championship and now all the $10K Championship events.
There are technically 16 events with a $10,000 buy-in plus the $50,000 Poker Players Championship with the Chip Reese trophy at stake. At least 15 events will be hosted at the Rio plus one special $10K online event at WSOP.com.
"The Championship Events are always among the most special offered at the WSOP each year," said Jack Effel. "We are proud to be the only tournament series who spreads such an offering and have worked with some of the games most distinguished players this off-season to ensure our schedule and the events themselves align well with where poker is in 2020."
The first $10K events kicks off on June 3 with the $10,000 Omaha Hi/Lo Championship and of course there's the $10,000 Main Event starting on July 3. There's also $10K Seven-Card Stud, $10K Short Deck, $10K HORSE, $10K Super Turbo Bounty NL, $10K Dealers Choice (6-Handed), $10K NL 2-7 Single Draw, $10K 2-7 Triple Draw, $10K PLO, $50K Poker Players Championship, $10K Razz, $10K PLO 8, $10L Stud 8, $10K NK 6-Max, $10K Limit Hold'em Championship, and the $10K WSOP.com Online Championship.
Here are the specific $10K dates...
- June 3, 2020 - $10,000 Omaha Hi-Lo
- June 6, 2020 - $10,000 Seven Card Stud
- June 8, 2020 - $10,000 Short Deck
- June 9, 2020 - $10,000 HORSE
- June 12, 2020 - $10,000 Super Turbo Bounty NLH
- June 13, 2020 - $10,000 Dealers Choice 6-Handed
- June 15, 2020 - $10,000 NL 2-7 Single Draw
- June 18, 2020 - $10,000 2-7 Triple Draw
- June 20, 2020 - $10,000 PLO
- June 22, 2020 - $50,000 Poker Players Championship
- June 24, 2020 - $10,000 Razz
- June 26, 2020 - $10,000 PLO Hi-Lo
- June 28, 2020 - $10,000 Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo
- June 29, 2020 - $10,000 NL 6-Max
- June 30, 2020 - $10,000 Limit Hold'em
- July 1-3, 2020 - $10,000 Main Event Championship
- July 2, 2020 - $10,000 WSOP.com Online NLH
For more info, head over to the 2020 WSOP schedule.