Russian pro wins poker tournament in Russia. See, I didn't bury the lead there. Anatoly Filatov, a partypoker Ambassador and well-known pro from Russia, shipped the Main Event at the Sochi Casino in Sochi, Russia. The 2018 partypoker MILLIONS Russia attracted 916 players. Filatov banked 60 million Rubles, or approximately $994K USD (according to Hendon Mob's math).
The overall buy-in in the MILLIONS Main Event was 318,000 Rubles, or approximately $5K USD.
Anatoly Filatov advanced to the final table, which also included Gor Kazaryan, Viktor Khodorenko, Alexey Melnikov, Gleb Tremzin, Mikhail Galitskiy, and Konstantin Uspenskii.
Viktor Khodorenko, the only non-Russian at the final table, busted in fourth place. Andrey Malyshev's exit in third place set up a heads-up bout between Gor Kazaryan and Anatoly Filatov.
The final two played an extended heads-up match. When the dust finally settled, Kazaryan bounced in second place and Filatov shipped the partypoker MILLIONS Russia.
Gor Kazaryan banked 39M Rubles for a runner-up finish, or approximately $614K USD.
Anatoly Filatov earned a first-place payday worth 60,000,000 Rubles, which is approximately $994K USD (according to Hendon Mob).
Russia MILLIONS Main Event
Buy-in: 318,000 Rubles
Prize Pool: 300,000,000 Rubles
Final Table Results:
1. Anatoly Filatov (Russia) 60,000,000 Rubles (approximately $994K USD)
2. Gor Kazaryan(Russia) 39,000,000
3. Andrey Malyshev (Russia) 26,730,000
4. Viktor Khodorenko (Belarus) 18,000,000
5. Alexey Melnikov (Russia) 12,000,000
6. Gleb Tremzin(Russia) 8,400,000
7. Mikhail Galitskiy (Russia) 6,000,000
8. Konstantin Uspenskii(Russia) 4,200,000