Get ready for some free cash from PokerStars. As promised, there's another freeroll worth $1 million up for grabs in mid-July. This one will kick off on Sunday, July 17 at 12.04 ET (17.04 BST or 18.04 CET or 9.04 Vegas time). According to the press release, “Players will be given 10 chances to qualify” for the freeroll. PokerStars also expects to reward more players this time around. $10,000 will be paid to the winner and the top 75,000 places pay out.
This freeroll has lots of different qualifiers. Simple daily challenges will run from July 8 through 16. All-In Shootout Qualifiers will award 8,192 seats to the players who completed the previous day's challenge. Any players completing the challenge on Friday, July 15 will receive an extra reward: one entry into a Skill Qualifier tournament, which will see 15,000 players advance to the $1 Million Freeroll.
You can gain an entry fairly easily to the All-In Shootout. All you have to do is play one hand of real money poker (cash game, MTT, Spin & Go, or SNG), make any wager in a casino game, or make any real money sports bet at BetStars (free bets not eligible).
And here's when I simply cut and paste the press release...
HOW TO PLAY THE POKERSTARS $1 MILLION FREEROLL?
- Players can claim their free All-In Shootout Qualifier seat by opening their Challenges Window, opting-in and completing a simple daily challenge.
- The All-In Shootouts Qualifier tournaments will be played the day after the challenge at 00 .04 ET.
- Players who qualify through the All-In Shootout will automatically be registered to play the $1 Million Freeroll on July 17 at 12.04 ET. Note that players do not have to be present during the All-in Shootout Qualifiers but the $1 Million Freeroll is played as a regular tournament.
- In addition, PokerStars is running a Skill Qualifier to give more players a chance to compete. Players that complete the daily challenge on July 15 will, in addition to getting an All-in Shootout seat, receive a ticket to the Skill Qualifier played on Saturday, July 16 at 12.04 ET. Unlike an All-in Shootout, players must register and play this tournament to be in with a chance of advancing to the $1 Million Freeroll.
- Date & time: July 9-17 at 00.04 ET
Tournament: Skill Qualifier
- Buy-in: Ticket received in Friday, July 15 daily challenge
- Date & time: July 16 at 12.04 ET
- Prize pool: 15,000 players qualify to PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll
Tournament: PokerStars $1 Million Freeroll
- Buy-in: Only open to players who have qualified. Players who have qualified will be automatically registered.
- Date & time: July 17 at 12.04 ET
- Prize pool: $1,000,000 added with $10,000 for the winner