Are you ready for some serious valuetown events? Would you like to slap a WSOP bracelet around your wrist but not pay through the roof? What if I told you there were almost 25 events that would cost you for $1,000 or less. Heck, there are even a dozen under $1K. You can slap a piece a bling around your wrist for as little as $400 with multiple $500 and $600 options.
Yes, the extra value meal concept has arrived at the World Series of Poker. At the 2020 WSOP, there are value menu events to cater everyone's needs and financial situation. According to the latest press release from WSOP HQ in Las Vegas, there will be 25 live bracelet events with buy-in of $1,000 or less hosted at the Rio Casino during the 2020 World Series of Poker. And yes, at least 13 will be under $1K, while 12 are exactly $1K.
The $1K events include an opening NL Freezeout on May 27, along with a Super Turbo Bounty, Forty Stack NL, PLO (8-max), the Ladies NL Championship, the Seniors Championship, Super Seniors Championship, Double Stack NL, 8-Handed NL Deepstack, Tag Team (with two players per team), Mini Main Event, Super Turbo, and the Little One for ONE DROP which is $1,000 plus $111 for charity.
The sub-1K events include five events that are $500 or less. The cheapest or best value will be the $400 Colossus. Yup, for surviving the Colossus Running of the Donks, the winner will ship a boatload of cash and the donkslayer bracelet. All for the low price of $400.
There's also several events between $600 and $888 including a NL Deepstack, PLO Deepstack, Mixed NL/PLO Deepstack, 8-handed NL Deepstack, NL Deepstack Championship, CRAZY EIGHTS, and the FINAL 500 Salute to Warriors NL.
In recent weeks, the WSOP big wigs released the dates of 16 tournaments with a $10,000 buy-in that are also known as championship events. That of course, included the prestigious Main Event and its $10K buy-in.
Just before Christmas, the WSOP suits released the dates for a dozen events... mostly their branded events such as the Milly Maker, Monster Stack, Double Stack, Tag Team, Colossus, Crazy Eights, Mini Main Event, Little One for One Drop and The Closer.
The WSOP will be played at the Rio in 2020, even though the property got sold. Who knows what will become of the property in the future (will they really build a baseball stadium with a retractable roof?), but for now the show must go on and the richest poker tournament in the world will go on as schedule this summer at the Rio in Vegas.
For more info, head over to the WSOP propaganda site.
2020 WSOP Value Menu Schedule
- May 27 Freezeout NL $1,000
- May 27 Casino Employees Event NL $500
- May 28-31 BIG 50 NL $500
- June 1 NL Deepstack $600
- June 7 Forty Stack NL $1,000
- June 8 PLO Deepstack 8-Handed $600
- June 10 PLO (8-Handed) $1,000
- June 14 NL Deepstack $800
- June 15 Freezeout NL $500
- June 168-Handed Mixed NLH/PLO Deepstack $600
- June 17Ladies NL Championship $1,000
- June 18 Seniors (50+) NL Championship $1,000
- June 19-20 Double Stack NL $1,000
- June 21 8-Handed NL Deepstack $800
- June 22 Super Seniors (60+) NL $1,000
- June 22 TAG TEAM NL $1,000
- June 23 Deepstack Championship NL $600
- June 24-25 COLOSSUS NL $400
- June 26-27 CRAZY EIGHTS NL 8-Handed $888
- June 29 Mini Main Event NL $1,000
- June 30 FINAL 500 Salute to Warriors NL $500
- July 4-6 Little One for ONE DROP NL $1,000 + $111
- July 12NL Deepstack $800
- July 13 Super Turbo NL $1,000