The WSOP goes to Holland! First the first time in its history, the World Series of Poker Circuit will be hosted in the Netherlands. The Holland Casino in Rotterdam will host 12 WSOP ring events kicking off on August 25 and running through September 2. The Main Event has a €1,650 price tag and a €1,000,000 guarantee.
The WSOP has been aggressively expanding its brand internationally. The WSOP-stamped Circuit hosted events at popular European destinations such as Italy, France, Belgium, Germany and the Czech Republic. You can add the Netherlands to that list.
The Holland Casino will be hosting the WSOP Circuit for the first-time evet. Two of the biggest brands in the gambling industry are finally joining forces. The World Series of Poker added Rotterdam, Netherlands as a stop on the WSOP International Circuit. The Holland Casino Rotterdam will host 13 total events. In case you wanted to chase some bling, at least 12 "ring" events are on the schedule including a €1,650 buy-in Main Event with a fat guarantee worth €1,000,000. The Main Event will consist of two flights, with the first starting on 29 August and the second on 30 August.
Other events on the WSOP Circuit Rotterdam schedule include a €3,500 High Roller, €1,199 6-Max (re-entry), and 8-Max PLO donkament (single-entry for €770). There's also a €220 satellite to the €3,500 High Roller...which is the only non-ring event.
The lowest buy-in ring event includes at least two NL Turbo events for €330, plus a €330 Crazy Pineapple tournament. The opening event -- Starter Event Freezeout -- has a modest price tag of €440. Plus, there's also a €440 Super KO, a €550 Deepstack and €550 Hyper Turbo.
For the 2017-2018 schedule, the WSOP is hosting a season-ending $1 million Global Casino Championship at some time in the future. The stop in Rotterdam will also be awarding two seats into the Global Casino Championship. The Main Event winner gets an automatic ticket along with the "Player of the Series" or biggest points winner at the WSOP Rotterdam.
Quick disclaimer... Rotterdam is not the same city as Amsterdam, Good news is that Rotterdam is a quick train ride (approximately 60 minutes) from Amsterdam, if you choose to fly to Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam for the event. If you are going to book this trip, I recommend spending time in Amsterdam AFTER you play in the tournament. Trust me on this one. Once you start partying in Holland, it's hard to stop!
2017 WSOP Circuit Rotterdam Schedule
- Event #1: 25 Aug €440 Starter Event Freezeout
- Event #2: 25 Aug €330 Turbo Freezeout
- Event #3: 26 Aug €1,100 Six-Max Reentry
- Event #4: 27 Aug €440 Progressive Super Knockout Reentry
- Event #5: 27 Aug €220 High Roller Satellite
- Event #6: 28 Aug €3,500 High Roller Reentry
- Event #7: 28 Aug €550 Deepstack Single Reentry
- Event #8A: 29 Aug €1,650 Main Event Single Reentry Day 1A
- Event #8B: 30 Aug €1,650 Main Event Single Reentry Day 1B
- Event #9: 30 Aug €770 8-Max PLO Single Re-entry
- Event #10: 31 Aug €330 Crazy Pineapple Freezeout
- Event #11: 1 Sep €880 8-Max Progressive Super Knockout Freezeout
- Event #12: 1 Sep €550 Hyper Turbo
- Event #13: 2 Sep €330 Turbo Freezeout