We're in the final stretch of the World Series of Poker Europe at the Speilbank Berlin Casino in Berlin Germany. This is the 8th year that the WSOPE has played out, but the first year the entire series was hosted in Germany.
This year's WSOPE consisted of 10 events. A total of eight WSOPE bracelets have already been awarded and we have only two more events left to be decided. The Main Event is in its fourth day of action and it is slowly closing in on the final table, Also, Day 2 of the Higher Roller event is underway.
WSOPE HIGH ROLLER
In the WSOPE Event #10 €25,600 NL High Roller, only 16 players are left. They redrew seats for the final two tables. Germany's Fedor Holz was on top of the leaderboard for most of Day 2 with approximately 600K until Italy's Mustapha Kanit challenged him for the lead. John Juanda is right behind in third overall. The colorful Mustapha Kanit could do very well in a Salvador Dali look-a-like contest. Follow live updates of the High Roller event over at WSOP.com.
The High Roller will play down to the final 6 tonight. Only the top 7 places get paid.
WSOPE MAIN EVENT
Over in the WSOPE Event #9 Main Event Championship, there are 11 players left in the hunt. Kevin MacPhee is the chip leader followed by Lucky Chewey (a.k.a Andrew Lichtenberger) and Erik Seidel. Meanwhile, JC Alvarado is one of the short stacks.
Both of the remaining Frenchmen busted on Day 4. Pierre Chevalier took home €36,000 for 14th place and Adrien Allain finished in 16th place, which paid out €28,700. Chevalier made a final stand with Q-10 and outflopped Mario Sanchez's K-J. However, a King on the river sealed Chevalier's fate. Adrien Allain ran A-6 into Lucky Chewey's A-Q. Allain actually turned a straight draw, but the young Frenchman whiffed on the river.
Allain and Chevalier along with Paul-François Tedeschi and Benjamin Pollock make up the French Fab Four… as the only four French players to cash in the WSOPE Main Event.
The Main Event will play down to six before they end action for Day 4 .
Follow the WSOPE Main Event live updates here.
2015 WSOPE Main Event Money Winners:
Here is a list of players who cashed in the WSOPE Main Event. The top 32 places paid out. and only 12 players remain...
2015 WSOPE Main Event – Money Winners:
- 12. Conor Beresford €46,000 (UK)
- 13. Ardit Kurshumi €36,000 (USA)
- 14. Pierre Chevalier €36,000 (France)
- 15. Dzmitry Urbanovich €28,700 (Poland)
- 16. Adrien Allain €28,700 (France)
- 17. Özgür Arda €23,500 (Turkey)
- 18. Robert Zipf €23,500 (Germany)
- 19. Dimitar Danchev €23,500 ( Bulgaria)
- 20. Dominik Nitsche €23,500 (Germany)
- 21. Ola Amundsgard €23,500 (Norway)
- 22. Konstantin Puchkov €23,500 (Russia)
- 23. Paul-François Tedeschi €23,500 (France)
- 24. Jeff Rossiter €23,500 ( Australia)
- 25. Mark Eddleman €20,000 (USA)
- 26. Benjamin Pollak €20,000 (France)
- 27. Roland Israelashvili €20,000 (USA)
- 28. Jeff Gross €20,000 (USA)
- 29. Elliot Smith €20,000 (Canada)
- 30. Mario Puccini €20,000 (Germany)
- 31. Viacheslav Goryachev €20,000 ( Russia)
- 32. Jason Mercier €20,000 (USA)
WSOPE MAIN EVENT CHAMPIONS
PREVIOUS WINNERS WSOP-EUROPE MAIN EVENT CHAMPS:
2007: Annette Obrestad
2008: John Juanda
2009: Barry Shulman
2010: James Bord
2011: Elio Fox
2012: Phil Hellmuth
2013: Adrian Mateos
2014: N/A **
** Starting in 2014, the WSOP Europe and WSOP Asia-Pacific agreed to rotate. Going forward, the WSOP-AP would play during even years and the WSOP-E would play in odd years.